Purpose and Background :
Up to 200 times faster software deployment, 30 times increased deployment frequency, and 60 times higher change success rates, organizations such as Netflix, Spotify, and Facebook are revolutionizing the IT game by successfully implementing DevOps principles. You do not have to be a hot Web company or a monster enterprise to be a DevOps leader. Companies, large or small and young or old, have magnificently made the transition and have the proof of success in their pockets. DevOps training is the starting point for an organization going on the DevOps journey. Improved workflows and faster deployment starts with a core understanding of DevOps fundamental concepts by anyone involved in an Agile and/or DevOps team.
Provide the core education necessary to build your DevOps vocabulary and to understand its principles and practices.
Benefits for Participants:
Participants should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Explain the drivers responsible for the emergence of DevOps.
- Define and discuss the key concepts and principles of DevOps.
- List and explain the business benefits of DevOps and continuous delivery.
- Describe the Service Delivery process.
- Explain the concepts of test automation, infrastructure automation, and build and deployment automation.
- Describe how DevOps relates to Lean and Agile methodologies.
- Summarize case studies of IT organizations that are making the transformation to Adaptive IT and DevOps models.
- List the most common and popular DevOps tools.
- Discuss the critical success factors for DevOps implementation
- vIndividuals involved in IT development, IT operations, or IT service management
- vIndividuals whose role are touched by DevOps and continuous delivery, such as the following IT roles:
- DevOps engineers
- Product owners
- Integration specialists
- Operations managers
- Incident and change managers
- System administrators
- Network administrators
- Business managers
- Automation architects
- Enterprise architects
- Presentatioon Class
- Practice/Hands On
Know the historical development of DevOps, the core concepts underlying DevOps and the DevOps Agile Skills Association
- The relationship between the Digital Transformation and DevOps
- The high level description of DevOps
- The history and emergence of DevOps
- The key elements of the Business Case for DevOps
- The principal benefits of DevOps
- The relationship between DevOps, Agile and Lean IT?
- DevOps Principles and Aspects of IT
- The purpose of the DevOps Agile Skills Association (DASA)
Understand the aspects dealt with in the Introduction
- The core principles of DevOps
- The 12 competence areas (4 Skill areas, 8 Knowledge areas) of the DASA Competence Framework
- The 3 core profiles of the DASA Competence Framework
Know the key components of Culture
- Build the DevOps Organization around teams
- The Three Horizons Model for Innovation
- Definition of a DevOps culture
- Cultural Aspects of a DevOps Team
- Two key elements of a DevOps
- Environment: Service Mindset and Quality at the Source
- Key Skill Areas of the DevOps Agile Skills Association Competence Framework
- Skill Area
Understand the following aspects related to Culture
- The key characteristics of a DevOps Culture
- The way to build a DevOps culture
- The challenges moving towards a DevOps Culture
Know the key aspects of Organization
- Organizational Models
- Autonomous Teams
- Conway’s Law and Organizations’ Architecture
- Architecting for DevOps
Aspects of Organization
Key aspects of Processes
- Definition of process and the key components of a process: goal, result, input, throughput, output, customer
- Business Value Optimization and Business Analysis Using Story Mapping
Aspects of Processes
- The advantages and disadvantages of developing software applications using the Waterfall approach
Key aspects of automation
- Automation for Delivery of Software
- Continuous Delivery Core Concepts
- Continuous Delivery Automation Concepts
- Continuous Delivery Automation Focus Topics
- Emergence of Cloud Technology and Principles
- Cloud Service Concepts in a DevOps Organization
vMeasurement and Improvement
Key aspects of Measurement and Improvement
- Importance of Measurement
- Choosing the Right Metrics
- Monitoring and Logging